Wednesday, March 14, 2012

dyce, scotland, uk

I arrived. I am safe and sound - although missing my iPhone. May you rest in peace, wherever you are.

Back to the good stuff.

Snoopy is staying in a little town called Dyce which is about 7 miles outside of Aberdeen. Snoopy really wanted a chance to show me the city, so he asked if I could stand it, to stick around Dyce. Unfortunately, this left leisurely strolls through parks and sitting on rocks with a book for many hours. I did learn that the people here are incredibly friendly! They also love their pups so I have befriend many furry little friends. They also have a Wal-Mart type store where I sat and enjoyed a latte and a granola bar after the flight. It is like Austin with its rocky hills, but with seagulls like Galveston, with humidity levels like San Antonio and piney woods forests like Sam Houston State Park - all wrapped up in a cold bundle.

Church of Dyce - not sure how old it is, but there is a document that says it was restored in the 1860’s

Just outside the Church of Dyce is a beautiful garden accented with weathered white benches

Everywhere you go, wild daffodils are blooming! They are all down the roads and sidewalks, and also in people’s home gardens! 

Distant view of Riverview Park overlooking the River Dee

River Dee at Riverview Park


The water was rolling over rocks making a soothing crashing sound

Up the stream were ducks, birds, and dogs chasing balls into the water. I asked the owners if the pups got cold, but they said they enjoyed it! 

Crashing water over rocks


One of the furry friends I met along the river


Lady and her pup walking along the river path


Stay tuned, tomorrow brings new adventures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment