Monday, November 19, 2012

day 8 - aguas calientes

Our last day was quiet.

After we finished with our trek, we had lunch with our group and then went back to the hostel in Aguas Calientes. We took a shower, and was asleep by 5:00pm. We didn't get up until early the next morning.

After some broken-spanish negotiations, I was able to secure early tickets back to Cuzco earlier than we had planned. While we waited for our train, we took some pictures of Aguas Calientes.

















Before I end with Peru, I will say that this trip took it out of me. I was frightened by the Inca Trail. There were many times on the trail when I wanted to quit. I knew I was afraid of the trail, and knew that I had to face it to face my own fears. You have to face your fears to know yourself. You have to challenge yourself to find strengths you didn't know you had, and you have to learn to trust them.

There was always a little light that told me I could do it. I listened. With Snoopy's encouragement, I climbed mountains. I climbed mountains with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment